Buhay banda - Part 10 (More Battle of the Bands)

Wow, a year and a half since I wrote the last installment of this series. Guess I got too occupied with my Baby Bubwit. Anyway, here goes the continuation of my story.

After the Lycvem Battle of the Bands, we went on to several other band competitions. In fact, we joined too many of them that I cannot even remember all of them. But here are those memorable ones:
  • Rizal, Laguna - won 3rd place behind 1st placer Lilo's band the 2nd placer Wind Jammers.

    We had prepared a great sound check piece, the 2-bar intro of our song Manhid which I got crowd going. Then we played our rock rendition of AfterImage's Mangarap Ka with Brad Amet using the Boss DD3 on his mic for a wonderful PA-loud speaker effect. We followed it with my own Di Ko Matanaw.

    It was one of those competitions where they hand out individual awards and Brad Amet got Best Vocals, and Toby was Best Drummer. Lilo, of course got the Best Guitarist thropy.
  • Nagcarlan, Laguna - won 1st place, beating Wind Jammers.

    It was fun for me because the contest was held just right outside the compound of my highschool and I had a lot of friends watching. We played our trademark Cotabato rendition.

    We played Bro Jeff's Himala for our encore after we got our trophy.
  • Taytay, Nagcarlan - we were declined participation because we were "overqualified." Yeah! We were instead asked to perform as guests before they gave out the awards.

    Our groupies band, Xcalavurtz, joined the competition - their first time playing in public. They did pretty well but not well enough to get an award.
Coming up: Guesting and Appearances (naks!)

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. i still remember people calling Amet, COTABATO... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete